Permanent Full Time Position
About the position
Imagia Canexia Health is looking for an experienced Software Architect to join its growing software engineering team. The candidate sought to join our team has a deep interest in data science and the latest advances in AI, and knows also how to engineer software solutions. He/she is comfortable to adapt to new approaches, experiment, and re-evaluate what was previously built as well as making documentented architecture decisions.
This is a full-time position based in our Montreal or Vancouver head office with the possibility of hybrid remote work.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
What you’ll do
- Build a high performing team – you will oversee the overall and personal performance of your team members. You will participate in the elaboration of their personal road map and objectives to achieve at Imagia Canexia Health, participate actively in their career growth and manage their overall performance as a team. You will also be accountable to maintain a positive work environment that reflects the company’s core values.
- Plan project activities and deliverables, such as estimating efforts, evaluate specifications, clarify as needed, communicate effectively, identify potential risks and future resources needed for the projects.
- Work in close collaboration with other Leads and Directors across the company to elaborate development plans for upcoming projects.
- Hire and onboard new team members. You will collaborate actively with the recruiting and HR teams to attract, select and retain top talent for your team.
- Foster an open and collaborative environment to support the growth of our developers
- Design scalable, maintainable systems to integrate Imagia Canexia Health’s solutions across multiple environments.
- Implement resilient development practices to facilitate rapid, testable, and reproducible deployments.
- Work closely with a team of machine learning developers and bioinformaticians to evaluate technical options.
- Suggest and engage in cross-team collaborations to meet project goals.
- Maintain and communicate a high level of diligence in handling data, ensuring proper security measures are respected (as per HIPAA, PIPEDA and GDPR).
- Participate in the development of Python code-based frameworks and processes alongside key leaders within the organization, i.e., support of quality product, solutions and ecosystem rollout to the market.
- Assess and address technical risks by understanding cross team requirements and constraints as it relates to programming development and design architectures.
- Participate and support risk management activities (ISO 14971) for safety, security, compliance and privacy.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and build consensus.
- Communicate accurate and timely reporting of status and technical risk mitigation plans to respective development teams and other members of the company.
- To take part in the hiring activities of domain related resources and create a work culture that pulls in and retains talent across the product continuum.
- To play a mentorship role as a Python expert for key personnel, constantly ensuring improvement in their professional skills, and providing guidance in carrying out their duties.
- Fostering a respected delivery and craftsmanship culture across Imagia Canexia Health’s stakeholder ecosystem.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, as well as a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience as a Software Developer. Any equivalent combination of education and experience could also be considered.
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation.
- Very good understanding of software design principles (dependency management, SOLID and OOP principles, design patterns, etc.).
- Very good understanding of software development lifecycle, design, implementation, debugging, quality assurance and testing in particular (including unit testing, functional testings, acceptance testing).
- Solid understanding of Kubernetes, cloud environments and cloud-based DevOps methods.
- Solid understanding of, and experience in, developing microservice-based architecture with HTTP+JSON remote APIs as well as modern messaging tools.
- Proficient in written English; skilled at creating well-defined tasks, concise and easy-to-read manuals, annotations, code reviews and comments.
Nice to haves
- Understanding of software security and data protection best practices.
- Understanding of ML methods and tools (i.e. Tensorflow, Keras, deep learning, computer vision, etc.).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine and Rancher Kubernetes engine (or equivalent).
- Experience with Kafka messaging and ELK stack.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Understanding of DICOM standard and tools.
- Leadership, mentoring and project management skills.
Who we are
We believe everyone with cancer should have the same fighting chance to survive and thrive. We work in a rapidly evolving field that attracts smart, talented people who are committed to making a difference for cancer patients. But not everyone has access to the latest advances. People who join us are committed to bringing equity to critical aspects of cancer care. We are a lean and driven team building on this vision from the ground up.
Help us make cancer testing accessible to all
Imagia Canexia Health embraces a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.